We celebrated the 4th of July with a little get together at Aunt Danielle and Uncle Jared's house. The weather was shockingly beautiful and I finally captured a decent picture of the girls together. Most attempts at a sisters picture ends with Evie in a headlock and Clara exclaiming, "but I'm just giving her a hug!!" Evie actually survived this photo unscathed.
Unfortunately the 4th of July preceded about two weeks of rain and otherwise extremely dreary weather. Jordan's been ready to jump ship and move to Arizona or Southern California . . . or really any place that's seen sunshine for more than 3 days this summer. Meanwhile the girls spent lots of time looking out the window instead of playing outside.
But at long last we had beautiful weather this past weekend. It caught me so off guard that I got sunburned on our morning walk to the Woodstock Farmers Market. But I will gladly take the discomfort in exchange for the sunny skies. It looks like we might even have a week (a full week!) of sunshine ahead of us. We'll take it.




No comments:
Post a Comment